Thursday, April 14, 2011

Etched Glasses

I love my new glasses! 
 I just bought a super inexpensive set of glasses at the store ($6 for 12) and etched my circle pattern onto them.  I used good ole' contact paper that I had lying around the house and I punched two different size circles out of 6x3inch strips, then stuck the contact paper onto a clean glass, filled in any holes with scotch tape and applied the Etching Cream.  The Etching Cream is tricky to work with and very dangerous if it gets in contact with your skin so make sure you read the directions VERY carefully, wear gloves and don't work on this project while your kids are up and running around.  I worked on my glasses at night when the kiddos were in bed and I didn't have any disractions.  It took me a couple of nights to finish them, because I would only work on a few glasses at a time to make sure I got just the right look I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment