Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cording Napkin Rings

A friend of mine makes bracelets out of cording and I took a picture of them and showed it to my husband and he thought that they were napkin rings, and I thought "what a good idea!".  So voila!  Here are my cording napkin rings.

You tear, literally, strips of 1/2" wide fabric and sew them end to end.  Then you take 14" of cording, found in the Home Decor section of the fabric store,  wrap one end of your fabric to one end of the cording and stitch it in place then wrap the fabric around the cording until you get to the end and stitch the fabric into place at the end.  Wrap your cording around a spool of thread, or a dowel (1 1/4") and use sewing pins to pin it into place.  Hand stitch with longer needle through all of the layers of cording (you should have 3 rings of cording with 4 pieces to sew through where the ends meet up).  I sew through 5 different spots evenly spread out.  Then slide the napkin ring off of the dowel and your done!

I will be adding pictures to the step by step instructions in the next few weeks, but if you have any questions you can email me at attirealterations@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment