Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kids Rooms

Here are some pictures of my kids' rooms.


This is my girls' room

 I just made a basic tab-top curtain out of the bed skirt that came with the bedding, and then I used the top sheet for the set to add the trim and make an extra pillow case for each girl.




My boys' room
 I was completely in love with a Nautica crib set that I saw about 5 years ago, but I didn't want to spend that much money on a crib set, so I decided to copy the idea.  The border is a Nautica border, but the comforter, curtain, and crib skirt are all a "mimic" of the Nautica look.  My wonderful Grandma embroidered all of the boats for me on her embroidery machine and then I made a crib size quilt that I turned into a comforter by adding the large navy border.  I also bought a couple of crib sheets that I got on sale and kept one and used the rest to add into the quilt and make extra pillow cases so that the crib bedding and twin bedding all match.  I also made a throw pillow, but you can't really see it in the picture.  Lucky when I originally bought the Nautica wall border (5 years ago) I had bought extra so when we moved and had another baby I still was able to make the room the same.  I actually have enough border to do another room if we move again, although my boys might be sick of boats by then!   

No comments:

Post a Comment