Friday, April 1, 2011

Change it Up


The dress is one of the many reasons that I now try to take before and after pictures.  I really wish you could see what this dress looked like before I worked on it. 

This wedding gown was originally completely straight.  There were no tucks, straps, or additional layers to the dress.  The beautiful bride really wanted a dress with tucks, and wanted straps.  I created tucks with the bottom layer of fabric and the tulle on top.  I also added another layer underneath the dress in order to make it long enough in the front.  I also added straps to the dress and added a halter strap as well so that she could use either one on her big day.  Adding all of the tucks in the back also worked as a bustle.  In the top picture you can also see a piece of removable lace that was added because the bodice was low cut.

There are a lot of things you can do to make a gown your dream gown! 



*I just received this picture from the bride.  Her mom took it at the bridal store when they bought it.  It was fun to see after so much time because I had forgotten exactly what it looked like.  There was also a belt sewn onto the dress (that is hidden by her arms) that I took off.  So now you can see the before and the after!

No comments:

Post a Comment