Friday, January 21, 2011

Halloween Costumes


I had so much fun making this Oompa Loompa costume.  At the time that I made the costume, it was nearly impossible to find brown and white stripped fabric, so I took two pair of kids tights and streched them over a spray can and used fabric paint to paint the stripes.  I used the waist line of one pair to make the cuffs on the sleeves and the trim on the neck of the shirt.   

To make the candy bar I watched the movie and paused it when it had a good shot of a Wonka Bar, drew it, and then scanned it into my computer and printed it on photo paper and wrapped it around a large candy bar.

My girls both wore this costume. Jaiden (above) in 2004, and Ashlyn (below) in 2009
Snow White



Dr. Evil and Mini Me
I made my own pattern for the Dr. Evil costume.

Cute little pirate and Dorothy

I made my own pattern to make this sweet little pumpkin.  I used a pair of her pajamas as a template to start the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment